Pato in Milan squad for Lazio clash
Published : 19 Oct 2012 15:19:50Rss feed
Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato could be set to make his first appearance for AC Milan after being included in the squad to face Lazio on Saturday.
Pato has been sidelined since the start of the season after he suffered an adductor muscle tear during a pre-season training session.
But the 23-year-old has been working to get back to full fitness and was included in Massimiliano Allegri's 21-man squad for the match at Rome's Olympic Stadium.
A statement on the club's website acmilan.com said: "Now the Brazilian is fully fit once again and ready to contribute."
Milan fans are likely to welcome the news. While Vladimir Petkovic's Lazio have five wins in seven games, Milan sit mid-table with only two wins and four defeats.
Milan's disastrous start to the campaign was compounded when they lost the derby to Inter last week, but CEO Adriano Galliani has denied the game will be make-or-break for Allegri.
"Allegri's last game for the club won't be against Lazio in Rome or against Malaga (in the Champions League), or against Genoa at the San Siro," Allegri said.
Milan are back in action in Europe on October 24 away to Group C opponents Malaga.
Related AC Milan News